Tuesday 24 July 2012

WTF is a Lamacoid?

Most of the time, when I say we engrave lamacoids tags, I am met with a blank expression...nod of the head...and a soft 'oh'.  Translated, this means they have NO IDEA what I'm talking about LOL. 

Realizing that not everyone is in the construction or industrial industry, most wouldn't be familiar with the formal name of the product, but I'm confident everyone knows what they are.  The way I usually describe them is "you know the little plastic tags above every plug-in at the hospital? yeah we do those".

The little light bulb goes off and they recognize what we are describing, however that is only the very basic tag, and the options are literally endless.  As we continue through the blog posts, I hope to show you the numerous uses for engraving in everyday life as well as the construction, electrical and industrial sectors.  Since 75% of our business is these "lamacoids", I thought I would start there.

The standard definition of a lamacoid is:

Lamacoid (lamicoid) is a general term used to describe 2-ply and 3-ply plastic name tags, legend plates, valve tags etc. It is a very cost effective material, and comes in a variety of colors and textures easily mounted with adhesive backing.
 
 
 




To us... "doing tags"  is the backbone of our business. The engraving, cutting to size, bevelling and two-way taping of tags is what we do!

Thanks for reading!

 

3 comments: